Microneedling is a popular therapy, also named collagen induction therapy, uses for stimulating collagen and elastin formulation. It is a clean and safe way to rejuvenate the skin. Microneedling is minimally invasive, doesn’t have longer downtime but requires proper aftercare to keep skin healthy. It helps to look your skin younger.
Micro-needling is cost-effective and considered a safe, useful skin treatment process and getting popular nowadays. It generates new collagen and recovers various skin problems. Your skin will be more sensitive after this treatment. Consult with the professional about the aftercare procedure. There are several amazing benefits of microneedling, your skin will be looking radiant and healthy. But the most important thing is you should be careful during the period of post microneedling treatment to keep your skin healthy, tightening, and younger.
Your skin needs the necessary recovery time, you have to maintain post microneedling procedure to keep your skin safe. During this period, you will use only products advised by a skincare specialist. If you maintain after treatment procedure properly definitely you will get the best version of your skin.
- Clean : After the procedure, the most important part is cleaning the area. For, 72 hours after microneedling you will clean the face only with lukewarm water and gently dry the treated skin. Any deep cleanser can be harmful. After that time, you can use any gentle cleanser and make sure before cleaning your hand is also clean. Do not use any powered brushes to clean the face.
- Heal : Definitely, your skin needs to heal after microneedling. You will feel redness and inflammation after this treatment. The redness and inflammation should subside after a few hours. To decrease inflammation, you can use a cooling face mask for quick healing. You will need extra care to heel faster.
- Hydrate : After the process, your skin will be drier than normal. In that case, you need to apply Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate and restore the skin with perfect balance. Need to drink lots of water because your skin is already dry.
- Makeup : You should avoid makeup for 72 hours after the treatment. You should be careful about using products for makeup and avoid products that could irritate your skin or clog your pores. Choose good products and make sure your brushes are clean. You should use mineral make up after 3 days.
- Stimulate : The stimulation process already started with this treatment. The main purpose of microneedling is to generate new collagen; after the treatment, you need to use peptides to maximize stimulating collagen.
- Protection : You need to protect your skin for a few days. Must need to avoid the sun, tanning beds, swimming, and exercise.
Best to Put on Skin after Microneedling
- Sunscreen : You should only use chemical-free sunscreen with UVA/UVB SPF 25 or higher. Must avoid direct sunlight for a few days. You must continue using sunscreen regularly to protect your skin.
- Collagen Stimulating Peptides : It assists further stimulation of collagen production. Peptides are chains of amino acids that become protein and helps to strengthen the collagen.
- Serums : Antioxidant serums help in soothing the skin and serums can reduce irritation. The right use of serum will be a miracle for the skin. Try to apply the natural serum after treatment.
- Hyaluronic Acid : Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate the skin and also resorting medicine for your skin. It deeply hydrates with no clogging the pore.
- Face mask : You can use it for cooling and make sure it is mild; it will help you if you have any inflammation.
- Moisturizer : You should moisturize the skin gently with hypoallergenic creams and lotions. Must need to moisturize the area once a day. Try to use any organic oil, in that case, you can select coconut oil for moisturizing.
- Cleanser : You can clean your skin with gentle, non-acidic products. It is the very first step after microneedling. Defiantly use mild cleanser rather than using deep.
What to Avoid For Skin After Microneedling
Your skin is sensitive during this rejuvenation process, so avoid using anything that can hamper your skin. You have to strict with the following issues-
- Exfoliation : Do not use any products for exfoliation like exfoliators. You should only apply products that are gentle and that gives comfort to your skin for at least three days.
- Active Ingredient : Avoid skincare products that have active ingredients, Like Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxyl Acids, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C, etc. Your dermatologist will recommend which products you can use for post-treatment.
- Avoid Sun : You have to avoid the sun during your healing process. Direct sun exposure is strictly prohibited for 1 week. Direct sun exposure can spoil your skin.
- No Sweating : Sweating will cause to open pore and enter the bacteria on the skin, try to avoid it like to do not go to the gym for one week and do not do any physical hard work for a few days.
- Avoid Touching Face : Your hand carries very susceptible bacteria and dirt so you should avoid touching the area.
- Activity : You should not take part in sports, exercise or any hard activity after microneedling session.
- Heat : Any kind of heat like a steam bath is strictly prohibited for post microneedling.
- Avoid Chemical : Must avoid products that contain fragrance, parabens, hydroquinone, or bad alcohols.
- Facial Treatment : Any other facial treatment is also prohibited after this process because you are already active in your current treatment process.
Additional Skin Care after Microneedling
- Drink water : It is important to stay hydrated after this treatment to help your skin heal faster.
- Sleep enough : Getting a good sleep help to heal your skin faster and contribute to regenerate the collagen.
- Best Skincare Products : After the treatment, you have to select the skincare products carefully. Chemical-free products are highly recommended. Take suggestions from dermatologist aftercare products.
- Use Aloe vera Gel : You can use Aloe Vera gel because after treatment skin will be dry. Applying aloe vera gel minimizes the irritation.
- Washing Hand : Hands should be washed and sanitized otherwise there is a high chance to get infected.
- Sun protection : It is highly recommended for 1 week to protect your skin from the sun, you can use a lotion with SPF, make sure it will be chemical-free.
- Coconut Oil : You can use natural coconut oil for moisturizer.
- Proper Nutrition : To prevent dryness and to keep the skin alive you need proper nutrition. Take those foods that rich in high vitamins and minerals after microneedling.
You Must Avoid Immediately After Your Skin Treatment in the Following as per Instruction
- Direct sunlight
- Do not apply any makeup
- Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C
- Swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment
- Do not use any powered cleansing brushes
- Avoid sweating
- Tanning bed
- Any perfume for 24 hours.
- Avoid any hard work for three days.
- No sunscreen for 12 hours
If treatment is finished with proper aftercare, you will get a fresh, healthy, young, and energetic look. To get the best result, you should follow aftercare instructions to maintain the progress. Micronneedling highly recommended procedure with low risk and minimal recovery time.