Using ice packs or cold water helps to treat knee injuries. Ice packs assist to reduce pain, inflammation or muscle cramps. Ice is effective to reduce your knee pain. Knee pain can be caused by some specific causes such as injury, arthritis or after surgery. An ice pack is popular as first aid for any type of injury in your body. The ice pack is essential for knees if pain occurs by a sudden injury. When you use ice packs for knees, it helps to relief from stubborn knee pain and swelling. Ice pack for knees is also applicable for post-operative surgery to get fast recovery.
How to Choosing the Best Ice Packs for Knees
The ice pack for the knee is important, there are so many wraps in the market, and you should select that one which is actually working and effective for relieving pain. You have to consider the following factors before buying Ice pack for knees-
Comfort and Design: The wrap should be comfortable and easy to wear on the knee. If it is attached to straps will be helpful for you. Soft material doesn’t irritate your skin. Select that wrap which you can wear by yourself.
Cold Duration: Ice pack for the knee is crucial the ice pack should stay cold longer. You should consider before buying that how long it stays cold.
Adjustable Nature (Wraparound Knee Support): The adjustable wrap and straps allow setting on your knee and it will be comfortable to fit and helps to move even during running or walking.
Price: You should consider also about the price which is really important. There are various price ranges ($30-$80), you can take made of good materials even the price is more.
Compression: Compression is important for the recovering period of your knee. The proper balance of flexibility and stability belongs in the right wrap. Adequate compression helps you to recovery your injury fast and reduces swelling.
Durability: A knee wrap should be durable so that you can use it for a long time.
Top 12 Ice Packs For Knees
Using an ice pack for a knee injury is very common because ice is very helpful for knee pain. It can help in reducing the inflammation and swollen knee. Icing is great to soothe by preventing muscle contraction and can help with the pain-relieving effect. The best ice pack should be comfortable and help. Below there are 12 ice packs for the knee which will useful for regular use and after surgical treatment.
Shock Doctor ICE Pack Recovery Compression Knee Wrap Brace
This is the most complete icing solution for any type of knee pain. There are automatically designed straps and multiple gel ice packs. It helps to reduce pain or swelling with gentle compression. It targets the area of your knee, can be used both cold and heat therapy. The ICE Recovery Compression Knee Wrap is working like professional icing, convenient and comfortable to use. This therapy helps to reduce pain or swelling by extracting heat from the knee with 360-degree ice coverage.
Size is important to fit, you can customize the size. The materials contain Premium N-Tex neoprene and four-way stretch, which is comfortable and durable. You can easily access with adjustable straps with Z-Grip closures, also includes 3 (S/M) or 4 (L/XL) removable and reusable gel packs to fully surround the knee. It allows for more mobility so that you are able to do your regular activities.
- Adjustable straps with Z-Grip closures
- Multiple gel ice packs
- Deep 360-degree ice or heat coverage
- Removable and reusable gel packs
- Gel Pack Pockets
- Premium N-Tex neoprene and four-way stretch materials
- Comfortable and Durable
- Cold and Heat both
- Easy to use
- No need for electric cords
- Reduce pain with gentle compression
- Easily wrap around your knee
- It is too heavy
- Heavy chemical smell
DonJoyAircastCryo/Cuff Cold Therapy- Ice Packs For Knees
The Aircast Knee Cryo/Cuff is a popular name of the icing pack. It gives cold therapy utilizing a non-motorized, gravity-fed system. The ice packs deliver chilled water directly into the Cryo/Cuff, gives maximum cryotherapy. It minimizes pain, swelling, and injury by cold therapy that combines cold and focal compression.
The pack stays a cooler long time and provides 6 to 8 hours of cryotherapy. It is durable; you can use it for a long time. It will reduce pain or swelling makes your life easier. The electric motor will fill and drain the cold water from the cuff. There are three sizes cuff small, medium and large. It is ideal for post-operation recovery, trauma, swelling, and others injured. It will provide cryotherapy, eliminating the risk of tissue damage.
- Cold therapy
- Combined cold and focal compression
- Gravity-fed system
- Delivers chilled water directly into the Cryo/Cuff
- Maximum cryotherapy
- Eliminating the risk of tissue damage
- Multiple sizes
- Air cast system
- Easy to use
- Electric motor attachment
- Not any heat compression
- Too heavy
übertherm Knee Ice Pack Wrap
The most interesting thing about the übertherm Knee ice pack is that it shows that cooling without freezing is the trick to your body healing faster. It can help you with cellular injury, brittle injury even nerves damage. A new patent-pending layered conduction pocket is a useful and safe painful point. The ice packs wrap is Ideal for reducing the pain of knee replacement, surgery pain or chronic inflammation. It is also useful for athletes or other physical therapy.
übertherm knee ice pack doesn’t give any harsh effect of ice; it will ensure you for the soothing or pain-reducing effect of cooling. The cooling helps you to heal your knee faster. It contains high performance and non-toxic gel which provides soothing cold. This product is perfect for men and women both with the proper size. You will love this ice pack.
- Cooling without freezing
- Healing faster
- Layered conduction pocket
- Soothing Relief
- Finest materials
- Non- toxic gel
- Powerful compression
- Easy to self- apply
- Long-lasting cold
- High-performance gel
- New patented technology
- Comfortable and high- effective
- Too heavy
- No walking motion
ActiveWrap Knee Ice Pack Wrap for Knee Pain ACL Injuries with Reusable Hot Cold Packs
ActiveWrap Knee Ice Pack Wrap is for professional use, perfectly hot and cold therapy after knee surgery. It helps to give maximum pain relief, any inflammation causes for knee fracture, knee arthritis, and other injuries. It is designed to easy to use for both cold and hot. The knee wrap is equipped with straps to allow for customizing therapy experience. It is flexible when frozen and microwave safe. The professional-grade support wraps to fit properly. The gel pack is formulated to body curves.
Patented ActiveWrap dual layer pouch (DLP) provides the perfect temperature for icing therapy. It provides proper icing and heat system for injuries. The heat helps to increase blood circulation to alleviate pain. It is easy to wear and ensure your ultimate flexibility during activity. It creates mobility for faster recovery with the perfect combination of icing and heat compression. The ideal therapy tool that provides compression for extended relief. The product is washable and reusable.
- Correct size
- Large/extra large
- For post-surgical care
- Premium construction
- Made from soft stretchable neoprene
- Nontoxic and sans latex
- Washable and reusable
- Professional choice
- Natural knee pain relief
- Great versatility
- Stays colder longer
- Fabric pouches included protecting skin
- Perfect icing and heat therapy
- Flexible when frozen and microwave set
- Helps for fast recovery
- Comfortable compression
- Comparatively expensive
- Bit Havier
O2 Cold Therapy Ice Packs For Knees and Air Compression Wrap, Universal
You can complete the therapy by using O2 Cold Therapy Knee Wrap, if a doctor recommends RICE therapy (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation), it will be great for you. It is also useful for arthritis and post-surgery. You will get faster recovery, recovery time is very quick. It is designed for individual body parts; you can put it in your targeted area. O2 is durable and reusable, made from high-quality materials. The doctor prescribes for knee surgery patient, when compression added with cold then swelling and pain decrease.
The gel pack is freezable; it wraps the ice pack around the knee and provides a great comfort around the knee. If you have any serious knee pain, this wrap is a great choice for you. A physical therapist likes this product for multiple uses. High-end valves will ensure long-lasting.
- ICE Therapy (Rest Ice Compression Elevation)
- Great for Arthritis and post-surgery
- Quicken recovery
- Target design
- Durable and reusable
- High-quality materials
- Re-freezable cold pack with liner
- High-end valves ensure long life
- Provides great pain relief
- Air compression
- Flexible ice packs
- No, any heating compression
- Velcro straps are not comfortable
Vive Ice Packs For Knees With Wrap
The Vive Knee Ice Pack Wrap is a great choice for soothing knee pain. It will target both the front and back of the knee. You will get with adjustable compression of hot and cold therapy. This product is a perfect fit and stays longer. The Vive Knee Ice Pack gives you also heat solution, for heating therapy you can put in in microwave. There are four adjustable straps, the soft brace you can be worn on the left or right knee. It is suitable for both men and women.
These Ice Packs For Knees wrap is made from lightweight neoprene blend, the blend is soft and comfortable, also machine washable. It includes three removable and reusable Arctic Flex gel packs, the gel is latex-free and leak-proof. The soft knee braces relief for any knee pain. You can purchase it with 60 days guaranty. Each pack has three pockets, two pockets are located in the front, and the other is behind for targeted relief.
- Cold/hot gel compression brace
- Heart support strap for arthritis pain
- Targeting both front and back
- Comfortable relief
- Three pockets
- Two pockets are in the font and one is the backside
- The gel packs are non-toxic
- The gel is latex-free and leaks proof
- Flexible fit
- Four adjustable straps
- Suitable for man and woman both
- The blend is soft and breathable
- Construction is poor
- Do not stay cold for a long time
Knee Support Brace Wrap with Ice Gel Pack for Hot and Cold Therapy
The knee support brace wrap with an ice gel pack for hot and cold is awesome, that will promote full natural movement. This non-toxic gel pack has an inner pocket in the front, it can absolutely be heated through microwave or hot water. It is leak-proof and flexible. The hot application encourages your blood circulation; cold therapy reduces swelling of your pain. You are doing not allow to use it on the skin directly; sometimes excessive heat or cold can burn.
The knee support brace wrap is an overall effective solution for your knee. There is an option of a 100% money back guaranty if you do not like the product. You can use for all activities like sports, exercise, running, etc; it will ensure you of high-quality comfort and mobility. The product featuring 2 in 1, elbow and knee brace.
- Hot and cold both
- The brace is one size fit which support elbow and knee naturally
- you will able move around
- No- toxic and reusable
- Inner pocket
- using any kind of activity
- useful recovery and relief pain
- Easy to wash
- 1005 money back guaranty
- The high-quality comfort and mobility
- 2 in 1 feature both elbow and knee
- Flexible and effective
- Sometimes bag leaks
- Not for proper medical care
Elasto-Gel Ice Packs For Knees With Wraps
The product Elasto-Gel is awesome, it stays cool for a long time. It is highly recommended for cold therapy. It is so soft and very cold. This pack molds to your body and put the cold what you need. It is designed to use while resting, it is not allowed for movement. This product is made of flexible high glycerin gel that provides maximum comfort. It is durable and you can use it repeatedly.
The product is leak-proof, stays soft even the weather is -20 degrees. You can prefer heat also, the product is microwavable. For physical therapy, this pack can be great. It is easy to use, doesn’t stick into the skin, comfortable to apply to skin. The product is covered four-way stretch materials, easy to keep in place.
- Will not leak
- Stay soft in cold weather
- Covered with four stretch materials
- Transfer both hot and cold
- Stays cool long time
- Doesn’t stick to your skin
- Easy to use
- Not wet
- Comfortable to apply
- you will worry about the weight, it is heavier
- Not using for during movement
Large Reusable Gel Ice Pack with Wrap by TheraPAQ
You will love these products whether you are athletes, bodybuilder or super busy people. This product can be used for muscle pain, post-surgery, arthritis or any other injury, it will give you the highest comfort, and just you have to top-notch ice gel pack with wrap. It will give both hot and cold therapy and you use it for different props. High-quality construction allows you to set on many parts of your body. When you need cold just need to fridge or for hot need microwave and say goodbye to your pain.
It will keep you relaxed and happy with the adjustable elastic hook and loop straps. It will ensure a perfect fit in your bodies such as shoulder, knee, ankle, thigh and upper arm. There is an offer of a 100% money back guaranty. By using TheraPAQ you can soothe pain easily with ultimate hot and cold therapy. It is very easy to use just you have to wrap it around your targeted body part and adjust the straps and get comfort effectively. The gel pack is made of non-toxic materials; the plastic is leak-proof and flexible
- Large and reusable
- Hot and cold both
- Relief pain
- High-quality constructions
- Can be used for many body parts
- The adjustable straps
- Extra-large size
- 100% money back guaranty
- Easy to use
- Nylon and soft mesh with a small Velcro strip
- No latex
- Comfortable and durable
- Very thin
- Too heavy
Polar ICE Standard Ice Packs For Knees
Polar Ice is one of the best popular products, provides ultimate colds therapy, with compression for soft tissue trauma. The soft material is very soft and comfortable; it stays longer for a long period of time. This pack especially used for post-surgical rehabilitation, or other physical therapy. You will love the long cold therapy. This cold therapy reduces pain and allows faster return of normal function.
The cold pack is made of little cubes of ice that’s why it so flexible, easy to remove the ice packs as needed. It will protect your skin by soft fleece covering. The adjustable straps with hook & loop closure. It is an excellent size, highly recommend this knee wrap if you have any kind of knee pain. The straps are nice secures your knee, the wrap is lightweight and comfortable. It would be great to use after post-surgery, it can be your friend in your recovery period.
- Designed for post-surgical rehabilitation and other injuries.
- Soft fleece covering
- Benefits of cryotherapy
- Adjusted straps
- Easy to use
- Stay cold long period of time
- Material is very soft and comfortable
- Helps to recover from the surgery
- Large panel
- Useful for knee reconstruction
- There is no refund policy
- Straps do not give proper pressure.
Pain Relief Flexible Ice Pack for Injuries by TheraPAQ
A first aid need for your home, you can use this product as first aid, keep it in your fridge and use it for any emergency like a sudden injury. This product is reusable with a hot and cold gel pack. It can be freezable; it also can be heated in the microwave. Great use for anybody parts like knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, hand, etc. Just have to strap on and get soothing relief. It delivers up to 30 minutes soothing. It is highly recommended by the physical therapist.
The blue plastic with hook and loop straps and contains nontoxic gel. You will get 100% money back guaranty anytime, you can gift and friends or family, it will be helpful. The strap is wide and long, you can easily wrap your target area. The gel remains flexible even it is frozen. There is no matter of risk to use it, but never put on your skin directly.
- Flexible plastic
- Nontoxic gel
- 100% money back guaranty
- Hot and cold therapy
- Remain flexible
- With wide and long strap
- Recommended by the physical therapist
- The gel pack is reusable
- Freezable and microwavable
- Extra-long belt
- Using as first aid
- Applicable for any injury
- Easy to use
- Not big enough for the entire knee area
- Not durable
Ohuhu Hot/Cold Ice Pack
You will like this printed small ice pack, specially designed for children. Three sizes include the smallest one perfect for baby, the medium is appropriate for teenagers and large one can use adults. The opening cap is big and leak resistance, you can fill it with ice cubes and crushes ice. This ideal cold therapy will give perfect relief from knee pain or other pain of your body, also decrease swelling and recover time is quick.
You can use it as first aid, suitable for any sports injury. You should keep it your home, car, and office. It works great for headaches, joint pain, muscle pain or other pain. The soft exterior fabric is leak-proof and comfortable.
- Great for headache
- Three size
- Children can use
- First aid
- Hot and cold therapy
- fast recover
- Easy application
- Cap’s mouth is big
- Not stays a cold or hot long time
- No strap and belt
Frequently Ask Questions on Ice Packs for Knees
How to Use an Ice Pack for Knee?
- Put ice in cloths then apply on the injured area, it will protect your skin from ice burn.
Does ice pack help with painful osteoarthritis in the knee?
- The true fact is cold therapy helps to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis in the knee. The ice pack is useful for your knee and the doctor also recommends this treatment. Alternate use of hot and cold therapy stimulates blood circulation and reduces pain. Icing helps reduce swelling also.
Will an ice pack help the inner side of knee pain?
- Applying an ice pack helps also for the inner side of knee pain. You just put an ice pack in your knee, it can reduce inflammation and helps bring to give shape which will helpful for joint pain.
Is Heat or Ice Better for Knee Pain?
- If your knee has pain and swelling than cold therapy is appropriate for pain relief. On the other hand, warm compression encourages blood circulation, warm up the knee joint also alleviate muscle spasms.
How to Ice Your Knee after Knee Replacement Surgery?
- After surgery ice packs for knees is important for a fast recovery. Ice helps to reduce swelling; it will keep secure your knee after surgery. Directly using can hamper your skin, you should use ice pack wrap, the fabric helps to protect the skin from damage.
How Long Should I Ice My Knee after Knee Replacement Surgery?
- After the surgery, you will feel swelling for a long time. Icing is the best way to reduce swelling. You should continue using an ice pack for knee around 3 to 4 times in a day and 20 minutes each time, and maintain this process till 2-3 weeks. After a few days, your inflammation will be decreased. Ice will give the highest support that recovery time. You should plan an ice pack for the knee after surgery.
Can You Ice Too Much After Knee Replacement?
- You have to continue using ice on knee daily basis; the time should be 10 to 20 minutes. Excessive ice can damage your skin. Ice too much is not necessary for after few weeks. Icing should be done after exercise.
How I Manage Excessive Swelling after Knee Replacement Surgery:
- Compression: Swelling is common after knee surgery. Compression is effective in reducing swelling. In that case, the ice pack with compression is great to manage to swell.
- Elevate: Knee replacement patient should elevate the leg above your heart level; it can reduce your swelling. This position is active for proper blood circulation.
- Exercise: Your physical therapist will suggest to you about isometric exercise then gradually isotonic and strengthening exercises, these exercises will helpful for your knee repair. It will increase blood flow around your knee; the specific exercise will be prescribed by your physical therapist.
Additional Resources: Best Icing Machines For Knee With Versatile Usages