Back braces support to stabilize and protect the affected areas of the back and spine following an accident, after surgery, and back muscle strain or injury. Research suggests that at least 80% of Americans will likely experience low back pain at a few points in their lifetime. This pain will be reduced on its own after a short duration for the majority of people. Low back pain can be a nightmare & debilitating with your daily life. In addition, if you are older, overly tall, overweight, or constantly worker with bad posture, your back is very susceptible to low back pain.
Back brace is an assistive device specially designed to correct or prevent your back problems while at the same time resolve back pain. It provides a safe, relatively inexpensive, surgery-free & drug-free way to resolve your back pain. By using a back brace, you can easily provide proper support & relief from back pain. These back braces are easy to wear, secure & let you move with more confidence. A simple back brace makes your daily life activity much easier & comfortable & pain-free. These braces won’t cure your underlying causes of pain.
Benefits of Using a Back Brace for Low Back Pain
Whether you are recovering from low back pain or need to wear a back brace for low back pain, there are many benefits to wear a back brace. There are some benefits of using a back brace for low back pain includes:
- Pain relief: it can relieve your back pain by reducing muscle spasm & take the pressure off from the spinal structure.
- Enforcement of good posture: it helps to promote good posture & the spinal alignment. It stabilizes the lower back by compressing the spine.
- Reduction of loading: a back brace can reduce your spinal overloading pressure.
- Reduction of bending: forward spine bending can increase your disc pressure & backward bending can increase your facet joint pressure during back pain. A back brace can limit your spinal movements which help to reduce your back pain.
- Points to remember.
- Affordability (you can purchase most of the back brace are less than $50)
- Availability (you can easily find from your nearest Super shop).
- Ease of use.
Types of Back Brace
Most of the backs braces are made by similar equipment but they differ in their rigidity & postural control. Usually, back braces are classified by corset brace, rigid brace, occupational brace & sacroiliac brace.
- Corset Brace: These types of the brace are made from soft materials such as elastic blends, neoprene. These types of braces are best for promoting good posture around your middle & lower back. If you have undergone spinal fusion, you are often recommended for this type of brace to restrict your spinal movements & prevent unwanted twisting.
- Rigid Brace: These types of braces are made from a sturdy layer of materials that wraps around your torso. If you will recover from back surgery, you must wear this brace. It is excellent for you to offering great stability & provides extra support. It helps to retrain your postural muscles to stand straight. These braces are quite bulky & heavy.
- Occupational Brace: When you have to do heavy lifting or strenuous activity work, you need this type of brace to prevent injuries from poor techniques & bad posture.
- Sacroiliac Brace: If you have a previous history of back pain around sacroiliac joints, this type of brace can help you to get better. It’s used to stabilize your sacroiliac joint. It also improves your posture & helps to relieve pain.
Best Back Brace for Support
If you have consulted with your physician & they have cleared you to use back brace support for low back pain. Today we will try to cover the best 10 back brace support currently on the market based on performance, comfort, wearability, durability & consumer input. If you are looking for a back brace that can effectively both support & improves your back posture & subsequently manage low back pain, then you need to check out our wide range of best back brace now!
1. Neo Medina Tech (NMT) Back Brace
Neo Medina Tech (NMT) back brace support would be your best choice in our list if you are looking for a back brace for relief of chronic pain along with correction of posture. This back brace not only cures the symptoms but also cure the underlying causes of your pain. It has a sophisticated feature that helps in stimulating your blood circulation for the tissue healing process. It is made from soft & breathable, latex-free, medical-grade elastic materials. The brace provides FDA approval of therapeutic effects, so there is no chance for a drug in this brace.
This back brace can improve your immune system, boost your metabolism system & increase the collagen properties also. It has a satisfying feature the outer elastic tension straps provide the best support for your back & abdomen. It can also provide warmth in your inner body. This back brace is lightweight, washable, flexible & portable. The price of this back brace is reasonable for you. The manufacturer offers a full refundable warranty within two months. So you can collect it with more confidence.
- FDA Approved
- Easy to use
- High durable
- Customize fitting
- Some consumers found the magnet inside are extraneous & non-therapeutic.
2. Muller 255 Lumbar Support Back Brace
The Muller 255 Lumbar Support Back Brace may be your best choice if you have to lift heavy objects or work in static standing on your feet for the majority of the day.
It has a double layer adjustable straps or Velcro to provide a comfortable & secure fit around your lower back area. It has a special feature a removable lumbar pad which provides additional support when you are sitting & standing. This brace contains small supportive steel springs that fit the natural curvature of your spine. It has internally molded plastic components that minimize brace bunching & rolling. We love that this brace available in two different sizes depending on your waist measurement, one up to a 50″ waist & another from 50 to 70 “.
- Extra-wide design.
- Easy to wear.
- Easy to fit.
- Breathable fabric.
- Maximum lumbar support.
- Removable lumbar pad.
- May not fit comfortably under clothes.
3. Bodyprox Lumbar Support
Bodyprox lumbar support back brace is made from high quality flexible & breathable fabrics which avoiding excessive heat from building up. It has a number of premium-grade combined mesh & neoprene which reduce your sweating & chafing. The special feature of this brace is highly adjustable dual-layer front Velcro straps which provide your desired support & allow for custom use.
This brace also acts as a posture corrector whilst allowing your spinal full range of movements. It also protects the sciatic nerve by limiting your waist movement & provides weight distribution. This brace is easy to put on & take off quickly for its slim & soft design.
- Heavy-duty velcro.
- Ergonomic & slim design.
- Easy to fit.
- Sweat-wicking feature.
- Some consumers found this back brace that comes up very short.
4. ACE™ Brand Adjustable Back Brace
ACE Brand Adjustable Back Brace has a stabilizing design to offer a customizable level of compression for comfort & support. The premium components of this brace are rigid stays & removable lumbar pad that enhances your spinal stability & provides maximum lower back support as well as abdominal support. This brace has a special feature of a breathable mesh back panel which enhances airflow to help keeps your skin dry.
It has an anatomical designed to allow your full range of motion. It has another feature is double layer compression straps that provide a customized personalized fit. Additionally, this brace has medication features that restrict the growth of odor on the brace. It is specially designed to resist bunching & slipping for long-lasting comfort. Its material is lightweight & convenient so you can wear it under clothing.
- Low profile.
- Customizable fit.
- Easy – to – use design.
- Some consumers found allergic reaction.
5. Brace Ability Plus Size Bariatric Back Brace
If you are an athlete & want to remain physically active, Brace Ability Plus Size Bariatric Back Brace would be a great choice for you. It has a special feature is a removable aluminum stays to maintain your spine’s natural curvature for maximum lumbar stability. It has a premium padded back panel that confirms to provide light compression in your curves. This brace has a dual-layer pull tension straps to provide extra compression.
It can promote both blood & oxygen flow to accelerate the healing process of an injury. It can follow every movement of your body, even more complex movements. So you can wear them during your physical activity. You can be worn this brace both on & under your clothes. This brace is available in six different sizes in the market.
- High-quality materials.
- Amazing flexibility.
- Very comfortable.
- The size small is too tight.
- Some clients complain that the aluminum stays poke into his back & be uncomfortable.
6. King of Kings Lower Back Brace
King of Kings Lower Back Brace is one of the best back brace support in our list for you to eliminate the risk of suffering from sciatica & improve posture also. This brace is constructed from a non-neoprene, breathable fabric. This brace has a feature of two nylon bars around your waist to provide excellent support for the psoas muscle.
It is specially designed to provide the support that focuses on protecting your L4, L 5 & S1 vertebra area. It has an innovative pulley system to adjust the back support to the precise pressure & position to suit your needs. It is also designed to relieve your spinal muscle strains & soreness by compressing the muscles to relax. It has also a satisfying feature of velcro closure which ensure natural movements & mobility of your spine. This brace is a machine washable. This back brace is available in four different sizes in the market.
- Breathable & nob – neoprene fabric.
- Detachable & washable.
- Allow natural movements.
- Focus on protecting L4, L5, and S1 vertebra.
- Muscle strain & soreness relief.
- On the expensive side.
7. Sparthos Back Brace
Sparthos Back Brace is one of the best back brace support in our list if you are suffering low back pain caused by the disc herniation. This brace has a special feature is the vertical stays which reduce brace rolling & bunching. It is specially designed to add extra support which will leave your stomach & back feeling extra hot & sweaty.
It has also industrial strength velcro straps to ensure it remains in place & secure during use. This brace is made from breathable & medical-grade elastic mesh which provides a cooling effect while you wear it. This brace is available in three different sizes in the market. So you can choose the one that fits your back.
- Removable lumbar pad.
- Industrial strength velcro.
- The breathable fabric won’t make sweat.
- Wearing during exercise.
- Not machine washable.
- May not fit women.
8. Brace Up Stabilizing Lumbar Back Brace
Brace Up Stabilizing Lumbar Back Brace is another incredibly best back brace in our list which provides proper support without compromising your spinal movements. This back brace is made from high-quality breathable fabric materials, so you can comfortably wear this brace for a long period of time. The satisfying feature of this brace is a double layer adjustable straps which ensure you to customized fitting & compression.
You shall find adjustable silicon straps on the inside of the belt to minimize the slipping & bunching. It has a number of mesh panels to help release excess moisture & heat to prevent chafing. It allows you to a full range of spinal movements while offering proper support at the same time. This brace is available in three different sizes in the market to fit with your physical dimension.
- Breathable fabric.
- Reasonable price.
- Less slipping.
- Easy of movements
- Sizes run small.
- Itchy materials.
9. Fit Game Back Brace
Fit Game Back Brace has premium components that include removable lumbar pad & adjustable straps. This removable lumbar pad can provide additional compression to your spine to ensure the correct position.
This back brace is made from high-quality materials so you can wear it for a long period of time. It has medical grade breathable fabric materials which will reduce your sweating & chafing. By using the Velcro & adjustable straps, you can firmly adjust this back brace on your lower back.
- High-quality materials.
- Easy to put on.
- Pocket for heat or ice packs.
- A little bulky.
10. Ortonyx Back Brace
Ortonyx Back Brace is one of the latest support technology back brace in our list to alleviate low back pain caused by chronic lumbago & muscular weakness. It is an ergonomic & comfortable back brace to ensure you get greater support & soothing effects.
It is specially made by high-quality breathable fabric, so you don’t feel more discomfort due to excessive sweating. Additionally, it is designed with dual removable steel stays to provide firm support to your muscles & spine. It is possible for you to do daily activities wearing this brace. You can be wearing this back brace over or under clothes.
- Confident posture.
- Lumbar support pad.
- Minor discomfort feels at first wear.
Key Consideration Before Buying Back Brace for Support
The best back brace depends on your individual needs, size & level of activity. When you purchase a back brace for support, you must consider the following points –
- Size: Proper back brace fitting is crucial for your comfort & support. When you purchasing a back brace, you must choose the best suited back brace according to your physical construction. You must choose the perfect, comfortable size that won’t interfere in your daily life activities. If you want to reduce your back pain, the best place to start is by purchasing the proper size back brace.
- Comfortability: Your comfort is a vital reason for wearing a back brace. A good back brace not only relieves you from pain but also provide you enhanced comfort. The comfortability of the back brace is an important issue when you buying the best back brace for you. Some of the back braces are used comfortably for a long period of time. Others can be used for a few hours. You must purchase a back brace that offers both comfort & support.
- Durability: When you buying a back brace, you must consider about the durability of the back brace. You should be careful about the elastic materials of the back brace as they can stretch over time. You also consider the strength of velcro straps.
- Adjustability: When you get a perfect size back brace for you, it is important that this brace can be adjusted to your body dimension in order to be effective. So choose a back brace that can easily be adjusted by straps.
- Breathability: Before buying the best back brace, you must consider another important thing is its proper breathability. Medical grade breathable materials provide more airflow & therefore increase comfort.
- Price: another important factor you cannot avoid is its reasonable price. To speak frankly, you can buy a back brace whose price you can afford. You must be avoiding purchasing a cheap back brace. Buying a back brace that is economical & effective at the same time.
- Quality: You need to enjoy the best quality services from your purchasing back brace. You never compromise with the quality of service. Otherwise, your back brace can worsen your situation. The best quality back brace tends to last longer.
- Style & color: You have to spend a lot of time wearing a back brace. You should buy a back brace that will be sophisticated in style & attractive in color.
- Easy to clean: When you wearing a back brace directly on your skin, this brace must be clean. Most of the best quality back brace on our list can be washed safely by hands. Other back braces are machine washable.
- Confident personality: The best back brace can also help to develop your confident personality along with improving your posture. So you must remember this point in your mind when you choose the best back brace.
- Maintenance: A good back brace must have a simple maintenance feature. So that you can use it without facing any difficulty.
How To Fix Your Back Pain?
Ans: You can fix your back pain by following the below methods –
A. Try this at home – If your pain is acute, you should apply an ice bag or cold pack at first & then heat. You should be applying mild heat continuously in chronic back pain. Heating pad, heating wraps, hot bath can help you to relieve pain & muscle stiffness.
B. Over-the-counter drugs – You can take anti-inflammatory drugs in mild cases (such as ibuprofen) which can temporarily relieve your back pain. If these drugs don’t work properly, your physician can prescribe a variety of anti-inflammatory & non-narcotic muscle relaxant drugs. It is very important to consult with your physician before taking any medication.
C. Time for a doctor – When your back pain goes down past your knee or presence of numbness in your leg, foot & groin area, you will need to call your physician. You will need urgent consultation with your physician if you lose bowel control or lose bladder. Physicians can order different types of tests such as an x-ray, MRI, or CT scan for confirmation of the exact reason for your back pain. After confirming the diagnosis, your physician can prescribe the most effective treatment plan for you.
D. Physical therapy – Exercise is often the best remedy for back pain treatment. You should consider physical therapy under the guidance of your physical therapist when back pain persists. The same types of exercises don’t effective for everyone’s treatment. Your physical therapist teaches self-care back exercise routine at home. Your success depends on to maintain the exercise. Physical therapy includes –
- Stretching exercises – it reduces spinal muscle tension & improves range of motion as well as spinal mobility.
Knee to chest – it is one of the most effective stretches to relieve your low back pain.
- At first, lies on your back. Plant your feet flat on the floor & both knees bent.
- Gently pull your right knee towards your chest by clasping your both hands together behind the right knee.
- Hold your right knee against your chest for 15 – 30 seconds until you feel a simple stretch in your lower back.
- Afterward, release your right leg & perform this routine with your left leg.
- Perform this routine 2 – 4 times for each leg.
Hamstring stretch – It is another simple stretch for relief of low back pain.
- At first, lies on your back on the floor.
- Loop a rolled-up towel around the ball of the foot & ends of the towel hold in both hands.
- Gently pull on the towel to lift your right leg up with the knee straight while the left leg remains flat on the floor.
- Bring your right leg up until you feel a gentle stretch behind your thigh.
- Hold for 15 – 30 seconds.
- For each leg perform this routine 5 times.
- Core strengthening exercises.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Aerobic exercises.
- Retraining your posture.
E. Use relaxation techniques – You can do some self-relaxation techniques such as meditation, deep breathing, yoga, which can help put your mind at rest & help relieve low back pain.
F. Alternative treatments – You can take some alternative treatments such as acupuncture, massage, biofeedback therapy, electrical nerve stimulation, which can also make a difference for your low back pain.
G. Sleep the right way – The amount of resting position is you get is a very important matter for reducing low back pain. Sleeping in your bed without the right amount of support can lead to back pain.
- You should place pillows under your knees during back sleeping.
- Should put pillows between your knees during side slipping.
- You must avoid stomach sleeping because it can put more pressure on your back muscles.
H. Choose a back brace support device that fits with the natural curvature of your spine. These braces need to fit with your body like a glove, so all surface areas are in contact with your back. This should be slim, but not too tight.
I. Lifestyle modification –
- Must avoid strenuous daily activities that worsen your back pain.
- You must try to give up smoking.
- You must wear appropriate arch & cushioning shoes.
- Avoid high heels.
- Lose those extra pounds.
- Make your workspace ergonomic.
- You must take a healthy diet.
- Spend quality time with your family members.
When to Consider a Back Brace
There are various conditions that may need the use of a back brace. Some of the conditions are congenital, some conditions result from chronic diseases, some result from a traumatic injury & others are a matter of muscle tear or strain or aging. You may consider a back brace for you in one or more of the following cases –
- Back trauma or injury such as a vertebral compression fracture.
- Various degenerative diseases including arthritis, disc herniation, sciatica, etc.
- Post-operative healing.
- Correction of deformities such as scoliosis.
- Pregnancy & post pregnancy pain.
- Poor posture.
- Overuse or stress.
Frequently Ask Questions on Back Support Brace
Do Back braces really help?
Yes. If you can wear a back brace properly, it can help you. It works better in acute & subacute low back pain cases. Back brace can help reduce your symptoms & protect the injury, so healing can begin. It can also increase your spinal mobility in a few cases.
Does wearing a back brace help sciatica?
They are indeed. It has an innovative pulley system to take the pressure off in the vertebra that is pinching your sciatic nerve. If you have already suffered from sciatica, this brace can also help increase your recovery time. You can still keep your freedom by wearing this brace after sciatica.
How long can you wear a back support belt?
Ans: Back support belt is not designed to be worn full time. If you have worn a back support belt for full time, it can lead to negative effects such as skin lesions, lower back muscle wasting, muscle weakening & increase risk of injury. You shouldn’t wear this back support belt every hour of every day except in rare cases where a medical professional prescribed.
Can you sleep in a lumbar back brace?
No. There is usually no need to sleep with your back brace on. If you were suffering severe back pain & found relief this way then you could be used a back brace whilst lying down. There is no great benefit of wearing a back brace to sleep. Instead, a cushion may be positioned under your spine, pelvis, or hips to help support the spinal structure.
Life is quite challenging for you living with back pain. The best back brace will give you the confidence needed to live a normal life without fear of pain. Hopefully, our guide & recommendation have been helpful to you choose the best back brace to meet your unique demands. You must consult with your physician at first when you purchase a back brace for low back pain. You can choose any of the back braces from the above list based on types, sizes & features of the back brace. Enjoy pain free life!