We know most of the people’s foot arches progress throughout childhood. But few people never develop on arch their entire life. Flat foot is a condition where you have either no arch in your feet or one that is very low than usual. If you have flat feet, the entire soles of your feet to touch the floor when you stand up. Most of the cases, it does not affect your daily life activities. With flat feet, you are more likely to develop pain in your feet, ankle, calf & back because of altering the alignments of your legs. Added a pair of firm arch support insole to your footwear could have a very drastic effect in helping to realign your structure & help you live pain-free.
Purpose of an Insole
Shoe insoles for flat feet are the most effective & a convenient way to make your stylish footwear more comfortable & relax. The insole of the shoe never corrects or cures your flat feet, they only very helpful to reduce your discomfort. The right insole can assist in the improvement of postural control. Proper arch support can decrease your energy consumption of foot during walking as well as improving symmetry & walking speed. Proper shoe insole for flat feet can enhance your muscle strength & stabilize the ankle joint. Use of best insoles for flat feet, you will maintain proper posture & balance whether walking, running, or sitting will experience less pain or discomfort. It helps in preventing foot disorders. Insoles also help in correcting any existing foot problem. It makes your feet flexible & extends the shelf life of your shoes.
Best Insoles for Flat Feet
There are several brands & types of flat feet insoles are available in the market. But all types of insoles are not suitable for you. Because most of them are the only pieces of garbage & waste of money. In this article, we have finally gathered a list of ten best quality insoles for flat feet after concluding features & customer reviews. We hope this list of best insoles for flat feet helps you to choose the best one for you & save your time & money as well.
1. Physix Gear Sports Insole
If you are a victim of flat feet complication, then the Physix gear sports insole is the best insole for flat feet industry to prevent you from all types of foot pain & discomfort. It is ergonomically designed to ensure your safety, comfort & durability. It is made of premium quality, medical grade dual based layered EVA foam & PU materials. The top layer of cushion is made from organic anti-microbial fabric that keeps your feet dry & cool for a long time. Its feature deep heel cradle gives you extra support or impact. These insoles for flat feet are available in 12 sizes for both men & women.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Convenient arch support.
- Premium quality EVA foam.
- Anti-microbial top layer.
- Flexible & comfortable.
- Non-slip materials.
- There is no cushion in it as it is ultra-thin soft design.
2. Superfeet Black Premium
The Superfeet black premium insole is one of the most popular insoles for flat feet industry to provide support & comfort. The podiatrist prescribed it for low to neutral arches type’s flat feet in tight-fitting footwear. The structured heel cup corrects your pronation. The insoles have a feature of biomechanical shape & Encapsulating Stabilizer System (ESS) which provides you ample support & reduces foot fatigue. The top cover of cushion is made by natural NXT anti-bacterial coating to keep your feet feeling fresh. These insoles are remarkably thin & flat to fit nearly all forms of your footwear. Its full-length footbed is cushioned with foam. It is one of the best choices for your dress shoes. These insoles are available in larger men’s shoe size.
- 100% carbon fiber.
- High-density foam layer.
- Pure anti-bacterial coating.
- Dynamic & solid arch support.
- Inexpensive to replace.
- Suitable to use on any surface.
- In case of your acute foot pain, it is not going to work for you.
- It is better to have a break-in period.
3. PEDAG VIVA Sports
PEDAG Viva Sports insole is the best full-length bed insole designed specifically for high impact sports. It is specially designed to fit easily within your sports shoe. The insoles are constructed a top cover foam with thousands of micro – air chambers that reduce impact, reduce pain & joint stress. Its semi-rigid footbed has an anatomical shape gently ensures proper longitudinal arch of your foot which prevents fatigue. This insole made from durable high tech fiber. Finally, this insole also features a metatarsal pad to relieve the ball of your foot pain. This insole is hand washable.
- Micro – air chamber.
- Metatarsal pad relieves ball of foot pain.
- American Pediatric Medical Association seal of acceptance.
- High impact cushion pad.
- Hand washable insole.
- Less durable.
- Clients suggest the insoles offering more size.
4. Walkfit Platinum
Walkfit platinum insole dramatically prevents & reduces pain on your foot as well as support by distributing the weight over on your foot. It has a sophisticated unique gel pad cushion to its Bio – Lock heel cup which acts as a shock absorber on your heel. These insoles are made of rubber & thermoplastic which consistently absorb shock. Silver technology is using in this platinum insole to help odder free & ward off bacteria & fungus. These insoles feature a forth Reflexology acupressure insert. It restores your natural foot function. This insole for flat feet is available in 11 different unisex sizes in the market.
- Forth Reflexology acupressure inserts.
- Restore natural foot function.
- Thermoplastic & rubber insole.
- Some consumers didn’t feel comfortable.
5. Sof Sole Air Orthotics
Sof sole air orthotics insole is another best quality insole for flat feet people. If you have flat feet / low arches & looking for a lot of walking, running, or cross-training activities, it will be an excellent choice for you. To provide maximum shock absorption, it has a special feature a heel encapsulated air chamber & dynamic gel in the forefoot. It has also a special feature reinforced nylon stability plate in the arch which enhances motion control & provides better support. The entire top layer is covered by high-quality COOLMAX fabrics which keep your feet cool, dry & comfortable for a long time. SKYDEX air bubbles shock absorbing technology is used in the heel part. These insoles for flat feet are available in four different sizes in the market.
- Nylon stability.
- COOLMAX fabric on the top layer.
- Ensure better alignments.
- Ideal for low arch & flat feet.
- SKYDEX air bubble for heel protection.
- Shock absorbing technology.
- Only available for men’s feet size.
- The insoles didn’t long-lasting for some users.
6. Power Step Slim Tech
The Power Step Slim Tech insole is the number 1 podiatrist prescribed insole for flat feet in the USA. Its a simple, excellent durability, low costing & long-lasting solution for flat feet cases. It is the best option for adjusting your supination. Premium quality dual layers of foam cushioning under the fabric provides you maximum support during heavy work. The top layer of cushion is coating by antimicrobial polyester & HYPUR – Cel fabric which keeps your feet cool & dry. It’s incredible cushioning of the heel cradle gives you stability & the natural position of your heel to fit.
- Anti-microbial top layer.
- Affordable price.
- Variety of sizes.
- Great motion control.
- Comfortable & convenient.
- It takes a minimum of two days to adjust to the feel.
7. ICEBUG SLIM
Icebug slim insole is a semi-rigid full-length footbed insole specially designed for specific arch types. The insole feature Arch Flex System Technology providing energy return with every step you take. Its slim design works best for your low volume & tight-fitting footwear. The insole has a single layer top sheet cover that provides you maximum support. It is the best choice sole for you if you like maximum support underfoot and feet that under-pronate.
- ArchFlex system technology.
- Single-layer top sheet.
- Semi-rigid orthotic arch support.
- Slim design fits lower volume & tight-fitting footwear.
- The arch is semi-rigid. They may not be suitable for running or walking for long distances.
- Some consumers found them to be too wide.
8. Tread Labs Ramble Comfort
Tread Labs Ramble Comfort insole is one of the most popular insoles for flat feet, provides you medical-grade support while stabilizing your heel. It is one of the highly recommended insoles for flat feet by podiatrists for their outlasting comfort. The top cover of this insole is made of 3D molded, open-cell polyurethane foam. This insole fit in your shoes without any trimming at all. This insole preferred for ultra – runners & daily joggers alike.
- Million Mile Guarantee
- Medical grade support
- Outlasting comfort
- There is no negative review so far.
9. Tread Labs Dash Insoles
Tread lab’s dash insoles for flat feet are the most expensive products in Tread Lab’s online shop. This insole specially designed for athletes who want improved biomechanics & energy returns. It is suitable for running, hiking, backpacking, and trekking, everyday use. This insole has special feature top cover of toes area has small holes for better breathability. The top cover of this insole is made of open-cell polyurethane & low friction recycled polyester. The arch support of this insole is made from 100% carbon fiber. As a result, it is extremely lightweight & fit nicely all kinds of shoes. These insoles for flat feet are available in four different arch heights & three different versions. This insole is available in the US sizes 4 to 13.5 for men & 5 to 12.5 for women in the market.
- Premium quality
- Maximum strength from minimum volume.
- They are expensive as compared to other insoles of flat feet.
10. Tread Lab Pace Insole
Tread Lab Pace Insole for flat feet are specially designed to relieve pain from your foot ailments. This insole provides great support, improves your foot position & makes your footwear more comfortable. This insole has a feature the top cover is 100% recycled & replaceable polyester & low friction. The top cover foam is highly rebounded, open-cell polyurethane & durable as well. The arch support of this insole is attached to the top cover with a Velcro-like system. These insoles are available in the US sizes 4 to 13.5 for men & 5 to 12.5 for women in the market.
- High-quality materials
- Less breathable.
Key Consideration Before Buying Insoles for Flat Feet
Nowadays you will find a variety of insoles for flat feet on the market. It can be difficult for you to choose the best insole for your footwear. You can make the right choice by considering some important things before buying insole for flat feet.
When you choose the best insole for flat feet, the amount of support is one of the important considerations. The function of the insole is that they support your feet & reduce the strain when you walk or running. If the buying insole doesn’t relieve your stress or pain, you are just simply wasting your time & money. When you choose an insole; you must check the right amount of cushion padding & the height of your arch.
Comfort has to play a vital role when you choose the right insole for your flat feet. After all, you are going to be wearing these insoles every day. The uncomfortable insole for flat feet will not be effective for your footwear. When you purchase the best insole for your flat feet, you must consider about prerequisite arch & heel support, good quality materials.
Durability is a very important issue when you purchase a flat feet insole. It is natural for you to buy a pair of insoles that can long-lasting. You never like insoles to fall apart after a couple of weeks. You must purchase an insole that has the proper thickness & high-grade materials. Normally high-quality materials insoles for flat feet result in long-lasting.
It is important to know the general measurement of your feet before purchasing an insole. It can be helpful to avoid unnecessary foot pain. When you purchase the best insole for flat feet, you must be carefully checking the size of an insole. You must buy an insole that has the correct size to fit properly inside your shoes. Never buy too large or too small insole for you. An insole for flat feet that don’t fit properly on your footwear can cause unexpected pain or friction burn.
You must try to avoid low – cost materials insole because you are not going to purchase the insole every month. If you want better results from your insole for flat feet, you have to prioritize quality over price. In fact, you will waste your money if you buy a cheap insole for flat feet. When you purchase a flat feet insole, you should consider is your budget. You will purchase more specialized construction and size insoles with smarter features like odor-resistant fabric, EVA foam, or breathable cushioning at a more expensive price.
Causes of flat feet
- Genetic factor: It is typically a genetic factor that passes from parents to children in the gens. When your arches in the foot don’t start to develop properly during childhood & this stays flat throughout life & is a congenital clubfoot. Sometimes your foot’s muscles, ligaments & bones don’t develop adequately & they don’t acquire a stable arch which can lead to flat feet.
There are several reasons which can cause flat feet. These are included –
- Ligaments injury – Posterior tibial tendon tearing or damage or stress can cause to flatten your feet into an arch shape. Because this tendon is the main support structure of the arches of your feet.
- Broken injury: broken or dislocated your midfoot bones can cause flat feet.
- Obesity: your excessive weight puts extra pressure on your tendons in the foot, which can cause the arch to collapse.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This disease affects the bones & soft tissue of your foot. It can progressively cause deformities in your foot joints. These deformities can lead to flat feet.
- Aging: posterior tibial tendon can become weaker & can’t support the foot as much during the natural aging process which can weaken your arch stability.
- High blood pressure: it reduces blood supply to the foot tendons which can alter their ability to support your arch.
- Pregnancy: It is a very common scenario during pregnancy. During pregnancy, your extra weight & hormonal changes can cause the arches to flatten.
How Can I Relieve Pain From Flat Feet?
Most of the flat feet cases, it doesn’t cause pain or related problems to you. So there is usually no need to treat them. If flat feet cause your pain, there are several effective ways you can address foot pain. Some of these include:
- Visit your physician or podiatrist regularly & taken physiotherapy if needed.
- Using proper insole can be very helpful in relieving pain & preventing further damage to your feet.
- Try to wear extra-wide, supportive & well-fitted shoes, it can provide you relief from pain.
- You can apply RICE techniques (rest, ice, compression & elevation) to swollen, fatigued feet.
- Put your feet up above the normal level to help reduce pressure & increase circulation.
- Try to avoid high impacts on sports or activities which put excessive pressure on your feet.
- Limit or treat risk factors that can make your flat feet worse, such as diabetes, high blood pressure.
- Stretching exercises: when insoles are not enough for you to relieve of flat feet pain.
There are several types of stretching exercises can also be hugely beneficial to you.
- Stand with placing your hands on a wall, chair, or railing at the shoulder level.
- Try to keep one leg forward & the other leg extended behind you.
- Press your both heels tightly into the floor.
- Keeping spine straight, you try to bend your front leg & push yourself into the wall or chair, feeling a stretch in the calf region of your back leg.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Done the same exercise on each side, 2 sets of 10 repetitions on an alternate day.
You can improve your foot arches by strengthening your toes muscles.
- Standing in a yoga pose.
- Put your right great toe into the floor & lift up your other four toes of the right foot.
- Then put your right four toes into the floor & lift up your right great toe.
- Try to hold each lift for 5 seconds, repeat 5 – 10 times.
- Done the same exercise on your opposite foot.
Tennis or Golf Ball Rolls:
It takes very little effort for flat feet pain. You can do this exercise while watching television or reading a book. You require a chair & tennis or golf ball for doing this exercise.
- Sitting on a chair.
- Place a tennis or golf ball under your right foot.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Try to roll the ball under your foot, focusing on your arches.
- Perform this for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat on the opposite foot.
This exercise is done for the muscles that help you lift & supinate your arches.
- Standing on your feet.
- Keeping your toes in contact with the floor the entire time.
- Rolling your weight to the outer edges of your feet as you lift your arches up.
- Releasing your feet back down.
- Doing this exercise 10- 15 repetition, 2 – 3 sets.
You can improve your ankle flexibility & prevent the collapse of your arches by stretching your calves.
- Stand with your hands resting on a chair or wall for balance.
- Extend the stretching leg behind with the knee straight.
- Pointing the back foot goes towards the front foot heel.
- Heel firmly presses on the ground & gently lean forward until felling calf muscle stretch.
- Perform this stretch of 10 – 15 repetitions, twice a day.
- Repeat on the other side.
Now you know clearly what are the best quality insoles with the right sizing for flat feet. You can choose any of the insoles for flat feet from the above list based on your budget & the shape of your feet. We also recommended to you considering the comfort instead of price when you choose insoles for flat feet. Using the best insoles for flat feet review as a guide for you which will make finding the right item easier & time effective. Enjoy your every step!