A small change in your regular life may affect your health significantly. Lemon is extremely rich in vitamin C and other nutritious elements. For this reason, people are too much engaged to drink hot lemon water before bed. Lemon water is a mixture of fresh smashing lemon juice with lukewarm water. You can also add honey or ginger for a better taste.
Hot lemon water helps to improve our health balance with its emergent elements as well as it has a great impact on our skin. All of its elements have different importance to our human body. Lemon juice acts as a digestive and detoxifying agent, making your digestive system easier and making you healthier. It produces more urine, so the waste of your body can flush out easily. Lemon juice also works in an effective way to lose weight. Having warm lemon water after waking up is the best way to start the morning.
Lemon is also used widely in all sorts of drinks such as tea, cocktails, juice. Drinking warm lemon water in the morning is useful as well as before bed it will be useful. Our further discussion will able to let you know the further benefits of having hot lemon water before bed.
Benefits Of Drinking Hot Lemon Water Before Bed Time
Drinking lemon water makes your health better. But drinking time makes a difference in the effect on your body. Many people drink warm lemon water in the morning but before bedtime drinking, lemon water is also beneficial to your health. It’s a low effort way to keep your health better. Here some benefits are listed below to let you know further.
- Aids the digestive system: Lemon juice flushes out all unwanted materials and toxins from your body. Drinking hot lemon water before bed aids your digestive system, and you wake up feeling fresh.
- Cleanses diuretic system: Warm lemon water cleanses the diuretic system because lemon increases the rate of urination of the body. The citric acids of lemon stimulate the liver and aids in detoxication.
- Aids weight loss: Lemons are rich in pectin fiber, which reduces your hunger cravings. Before bedtime, if you drink warm lemon water, it will prevent you to eat at night.
- Reduce inflammation: Drinking lemon water fights against chronic inflammation.
- Keep you hydrated: During sleep, you get a longer break from eating and drinking, which may cause dehydration. Dehydration causes many severe problems. Drinking hot lemon water before bed makes your body hydrated.
- Reduce Stress and enhance your mood: After a hectic schedule, you want a sound and restless sleep. Taking shower or drinking warm water may help you sleep better. Drinking warm lemon water reduces stress levels and provides you deep sleep.
- Clears Skins: Lemon water is a popular remedy for skin problems, acne, rashes, dark spots, dandruff. Vitamin C plays a vital role to glow your skin. You can directly apply it to your scars.
Taking hot lemon water before bed; in the meantime, it’s important to take an adequate amount of water every day by using a smart water bottle to reminds you of drinking water in a timely.
What Happens When You Drink Hot Lemon Water For A Week?
To drink water for a week continuously, you can notice the differences in your skin. Your skin will be almost flawless, stunning, oil-free. You may also see your skin becomes softer in a week. Those who have constipation problems may get benefit to drink hot lemon water in the morning or before bed.
Some people are fonding of food. They eat too much even if it creates a lot of digestive issues for their body. Taking warm lemon water before your meal can suppress hunger. That reduces the intake of extra meals. That will help you to lose weight as well as you can have a proper amount of meal.
Does Drinking More Water Help You Lose Weight
Water contains no calories, drinking water instead of high-calorie alternatives such as juice, soda, tea, coffee can reduce the overall intake of calories. If your goal is long-term and to lose weight, you make sure that your journey should begin with being hydrated. Here some reasons are listed below for how water helps you lose weight.
- Water can suppress your craving naturally. Thirst, which is raised by mild dehydration, indicates huger to the brain. About 2-cup of water, if you drink, may suppress your craving.
- Drinking more water can ease your metabolism system. Ultimately helping with weight management.
- Enough water intake could reduce the intake of overall calories.
- Drinking water facilitates the production of urine, which can help you to flash out the waste of the body.
- Increasing your water intake can help you burn fat for energy. Water expands cell volumes that allow fat metabolism.
Nutritional Value Of Hot Lemon Water
Lemons are rich in many indescribable qualities. There is some nutritional value in warm lemon water, which is described below.
- Boosts your immune system: Lemon contains a lot of nutrients and rich in vitamin C. We all know vitamin C fights against infections and various diseases to strengthen our immune system. Vitamin C, saponins fights against cold, and infections. Potassium stimulates the brain and nerve system. It also helps to control blood pressure. Lemon also helps to reduce the phlegm of the body.
- Balances pH levels: lemon is the acridest fruits for your body. The acid of lemon allows the mineral contents to help alkalize the blood. When the body pH is acidic, the disease occurs. Drinking lemon water maintains the balance of pH level and protects you from the disease.
- Soothes sore throat: Some people face sore throat at night and in the early morning. Before bed drinking, hot lemon water can soothe the sore throat, especially when honey is added.
- Prevents kidney stones: Drinking water is good for your kidney, drinking lemon juice with lukewarm water prevents to grow kidney stones.
- Prevents vision problems: Lemon water contains a high level of vitamin C. And vitamin C is essential for your eyes. As you get older, you may lose vision. But taking the proper amount of vitamin C can prevent vision problems.
- Fight against cancer: Lemon water contains flavonoids, which prevents cancer. Taking flavonoids can lower the risk of prostate, lung, breast, colon cancer.
How To Make Hot Lemon Water
Drinking lemon water is added supreme benefit to your health. It’s the lowest effort to keeps you healthier. Making lemon water is the easiest way you ever know. To make lemon water does not require too many things. Follow the instruction to make warm lemon, which is entertaining and provides you the right ratio of citrus to water.
The ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup boil water
- 1 glass, 1 tablespoon, 1 knife
Instruction should be followed:
- At first slice the lemon thinly and put it into the pitcher.
- Mash the lemon with your hand or spoon.
- Never use hot boil water, it perishes the vitamin C. Use lukewarm water. Stir the water with the lemon juice by spoon.
- If you like sugar, you may add honey to it for better taste.
Disadvantages Of Drinking Hot Lemon Water Before Bad
Lemon is beneficial for health but everything in the world has both pros and cons. In most cases, its bad effects of having too much lemon juice in the water are risky. Here are a few side effects listed below.
- Lemon is the highly acidic and frequent use of lemon water can perish your tooth enamel.
- In most cases, a large amount of lemon juice can cause dehydration.
- If you take a large amount of lemon juice in the morning, it affects the bones. Lemon juice absorbs the oil of the bones which affects the bone’s tissues.
- Who is suffering from migraines, citrus food such as lemon juice can trigger their migraines.
- Too much drinking lemon water can worsen stomach related problems.
- Additionally, if you have ulcers, you should avoid too much lemon juice. It can create hinder the healing process of ulcers.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Better To Drink Lemon Water Warm Or Cold?
Lemon juice is a superior quality source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is sensitive to temperature. So it’s better to not add boil hot water with lemon juice. Adding boiling water to lemon juice, destroy vitamin C. Warm and cold water is the best choice for lemon juice. For better nutritional value, you can squeeze juice from the lemon into the water. If you have sensitive teeth, drinking cold lemon water can be hurt your teeth. But lemon juice with lukewarm water won’t hurt your teeth. After waking if you take a hot shower instead of taking a cold shower especially in the winter season, it will be a great feel too you. Additionally, if you take lukewarm lemon water instead of cold-warm water it will add a great advantage to your body.
Does Drinking Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight?
Lemon water contains low calories and it helps in an effective way to reduce the intake of calories. Lemon water works as regular water to make you full. Drinking about 16 ounces of water before a meal can reduce your weight. Because it made you more full and help you to reduce taking more meal. Drinking a cup of lemon water makes more preferable results than regular water. Because lemon contains pectin fiber. Pectin fiber plays a role to reduce food cravings. It helps to sweat more. Sweating helps to clean your skin by removing the excess salt and water from your body. Drinking a glass of hot lemon water before bed is the prettiest way to burn a couple of calories and help you to lose weight.
Is It Better To Drink Lemon Water At Night Or Morning?
In the morning before you consume something, a glass of warm lemon water is highly recommended for many reasons. During sleep, your body gets an 8-hours break from meals. Sometimes it will make you dehydrated. In the morning a glass of warm lemon water can rehydrate you, give energies to your body, and boosts your metabolism. It also stimulates the digestive system.
On the other hand, drinking warm lemon water before bed is also helpful. It will save you from being dehydrated. Drinking lemon water is immensely helpful to those, who are suffering from constipation. It helps to detox the colon, helps to lose weight, reduce inflammation. So making a habit to drink warm lemon water before bed may effective for you.
Can You Drink Hot Lemon Water Anytime?
Making a habit to drink warm lemon water at any time keeps your health better. Lemons are rich in vitamin C. Lemon water helps to extract vitamin C and polyphenols from lemon and it’s strip. Drinking hot lemon water before bed makes you hydrated during sleep and in the morning drinking, warm lemon water also saves you from being dehydrated. So you can drink hot lemon water anytime. Drinking hot lemon water does not make any issues with your body mechanism, but it’s beneficial to your health.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C. It also contains essential nutrients and vitamins such as B-complex, pectin fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium, citric acid. Lemon water contains low-calorie and low-beverage that may increase your vitamin C intake. It can protect against anemia by ensuring the proper amount of absorbing iron from your meal. Lemon helps you to weight loss and reduce the risk of many serious diseases such as anemia, heart disease, kidney stones, digestive issues, cancer.
Additional benefits to drinking hot water and lemon give your immune system a boost, the vitamin C in lemons can alleviate stress and fight against viral infections and sore throats. A glass of hot lemon water before bed can be a part of your daily routine to keeps you further healthier. It’s important to drink enough water for the whole day. Because you may workout and your body needs water for hydration. After a hectic day with a glass of hot lemon water, it provides you the hydration as well as makes you enthusiastic towards your next day’s work.